Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Updater doesn't show Helix LT?

MWolfkiel

18 hours ago, MWolfkiel said:

I'm trying to update to the new 2.60 firmware for Helix LT. I've updated the HX Edit but the Line6 Updater doesn't show any devices to update? Anyone have an idea of what to do?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

What you are asking is a little vague.

You could help us by suppling more information such as what computer and Operating System you have!

Prior to running the Update did your Helix communicate with the Editor software without problems?
If the answer is Yes, then has anything else in the configuration changed?

Are you connected to/or have you tried connecting to your Helix with a different USB cable or USB port.

Helix doesn't like USB 3 or USB Hubs.

If you have managed to install v2.6 HX Edit, when you launch that app does it connect to the Helix and enable you to make a backup of the settings from the hardware Helix?

If not check all your cables and connections. Launch the Line 6 Updater program and check that it is V1.14, you can find that by clicking the about button. You must have version 1.14 Updater to correctly upgrade the Firmware. An earlier version may have seemed to perform the upgrade but it will be incomplete or corrupted.

Have you restated your Helix using any of the in built reset procedures - if not try these to see if it helps!

https://helixhelp.com/reset-options/

More info would help.

If you have ANY line 6 software opened when you are trying to use the Updater it won't work.  You have to close everything else out first and then run the Updater.....works every time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys I just bought My Line 6 Relay G70 ...I tried to update the Receiver but when i'm opening the app in my Mac Book nothing Happens...The Laptop will open the App but is just stay in Black....anyone is dealing with the same problem?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, SOLIBASS said:

Hello guys I just bought My Line 6 Relay G70 ...I tried to update the Receiver but when i'm opening the app in my Mac Book nothing Happens...The Laptop will open the App but is just stay in Black....anyone is dealing with the same problem?

Hi SOLIBASS,

You will probably have a better chance of someone giving you an answer to your problem if you put your question in the digital wireless section of the forums:

https://line6.com/support/forum/48-relay-digital-wireless/

Your question is more than likely to be overlooked here, especially when tagged on to the end of thread about updating a Helix multi fx box.

Try posting to the link above - hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, RD1967 said:

If you have ANY line 6 software opened when you are trying to use the Updater it won't work.  You have to close everything else out first and then run the Updater.....works every time!

That’s crazy, but it worked, thanks !!

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem.  Windows 10, Helix LT correctly registered, Line 6 Updater installed (v 1.19)

When I plug the Helix in it is not shown in the line 6 updater.  My computer senses it being plugged in but somehow seems unable to connect and the windows device manager shows an USB Composite Device with exlamation mark (trouble that is!)

Opening the sensed usb device states

This device cannot start. (code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

image.png

8 hours ago, sabreplayer said:

I'm having the same problem.  Windows 10, Helix LT correctly registered, Line 6 Updater installed (v 1.19)

When I plug the Helix in it is not shown in the line 6 updater.  My computer senses it being plugged in but somehow seems unable to connect and the windows device manager shows an USB Composite Device with exlamation mark (trouble that is!)

STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

image.png

Hi,

You have posted to a thread that is 2 years old, but I guess what you are asking about is updating to Firmware v.3

Official Line 6 update procedure is described here.

Please take note of the section that states:

IMPORTANT! In the unlikely event that your update fails, please follow the steps below

Hope this helps/makes sense.

13 hours ago, sabreplayer said:

STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

image.png

Looks to me like there might be a problem with the Line6 driver. I would uninstall HX Edit and download and reinstall HX Edit 3.0 leaving all the checkboxes checked. This will reinstall the Line6 driver. Then try either updating the firmware from within HX Edit (click through the link with the icon at the bottom of HX Edit), or try again with Updater and see if it is recognizing your device. Also try swapping your USB connection and cable as well as rebooting your computer.  Btw, make sure you don't have HX Edit and the Updater on at the same time.

• Like 1