Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

update JTV 89f using helix LT

I am trying to update my JTV 89 F using my Helix as the interface through line 6 monkey.

I have both the line 6 cable and the quarter inch jack connected to the guitar.

Every time I try to update the firmware from 2.21 to 2.23 I am getting the following 2 errors (screenshot attached).

Can anyone help on how I can get over this issue? 

1207780717_ScreenShot2018-07-08at8_21_54am.thumb.png.3fc98708b6c3aabb0822046bd4f1eac9.png703469355_ScreenShot2018-07-08at8_16_47am.thumb.png.23fda81566d7c93b3204fdd57b2e74f9.pngryi

Unfortunately, the L6 Monkey does not work for updates of the Variax guitar firmware through the Helix. You'll have to use the usb interface you got with your Variax. I hate it, but hope some future Helix fw update will remedy that. I still have my HD500X and 500, so I use that rather than the usb interface if I have to update the Variax. The HD Work Bench works fine for adjusting the Variax models with the Helix, though it took them about 2 years to get that going. Was a big step forward...

Dave 

4 hours ago, davidb7170 said:

Unfortunately, the L6 Monkey does not work for updates of the Variax guitar firmware through the Helix. You'll have to use the usb interface you got with your Variax. I hate it, but hope some future Helix fw update will remedy that. I still have my HD500X and 500, so I use that rather than the usb interface if I have to update the Variax. The HD Work Bench works fine for adjusting the Variax models with the Helix, though it took them about 2 years to get that going. Was a big step forward...

Dave 

Thanks for that piece of information I had tried pretty much everything else nothing worked. My USB interface wasnt working either but then i realised it also requires the battery to be charged and inside the guitar in order to get it to update. Btw the new update didnt make much of a difference. Everything sounds the same.