Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wrong Variax Model Recalled By Snapshot

Mturner

Wasn't sure whether to post in the Helix or the Variax forum but I think this is a Helix issue so here goes....

I posted about this a while back but switched to bass for a while and just didn't worry about it, figured 2.6 might fix it but it didn't.

Running Helix 2.6 firmware and HX Edit 2.6 with a JTV-69S Variax.

I have a patch (attached) that uses snapshots to recall three different Variax models during the course of a song.

It loads with "Semi-3" selected in the first snapshot ("Intro").

The second snapshot ("Chorus"), should recall "Lester-1".

The third snapshot ("LaLa") recalls "Acoustic-3".

When I use these snapshots, I can see the model selection changing in the Variax section of the Helix exactly as they should.

However, the second snapshot says it recalled "Lester-1" but the guitar (a JTV-69S)  is loading "Acoustic-1" instead. I knew the sound was different than the Lester-1 I wanted and I realized that if I moved the 5-way selector switch (regardless of where the bank selector knob was), the Helix started indicating Acoustic models. It's like the Helix selected the wrong bank on the Variax. Thru a little experimenting I realized the sound I was getting was Acoustic-1.

And...if I go back to Snapshot 1 ("Intro") after selecting either of the other snapshots, I get Acoustic-3 instead of Semi-3 even though the Helix says it selected Semi-3.

I can create other patches that recall "Lester-1" just fine but this one just doesn't want to do it.

Anybody out there have a Variax who would try this patch and see what it does for you? I'm trying to figure out if it's the Helix or the guitar.

Come To Me 2 M.hlx

As a test, I created a new patch from scratch (cleverly named "Test") with almost nothing in it except Variax model changes on three snapshots (using the same models as the Come To Me patch).

This one works perfectly which makes me think it's not the Variax but something odd with the Come To Me patch in the Helix.

Test M.hlx