Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

250 neck thickness?

nibbana

• 9 months later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, psarkissian said:

19 to 19.7mm + 5mm for fret-board and fret, about 22mm total (fret-1 and fret-12).

Thanks - it just arrived today anyway!

Feels rather chunky in my hands - I am used to slimmer stuff but its not that uncomfortable - I think I can live with it.

Models all very usable and the general feel of it is good but really not sure about the warbly stuff when using different Variax tunings...

Not noticed the plinks yet tho.

I guess I need to dig into some research here. And could I possibly get way with 009's is that going to be "warble plus"?!

36 minutes ago, sb77 said:

And could I possibly get way with 009's is that going to be "warble plus"?!

Only one way to find out, but generally speaking the heavier the gauge, the better it seems to work, especially for the acoustic models.... then again I've been playing 11's for 20+ years, so I'm used to it. 

16 hours ago, psarkissian said:

Warble is typically a result of the distance between the pick-up and string not being adjusted correctly,

and the magnetic field pulling on the strings. 

Yes, heavier stings help, 10's and 11's.

Thanks for both replies. I can probably manage with 10's but 9s would definitely suit me better.

psarkissian -  you are saying the mag humbucker is pulling the strings? I will try dropping that a little.

I am giving myself 24 hours to decide whether to return it or not -  this isn't an easy decision. If I can't get the alternate tunings sounding OK i.e. without the warble that sounds more like a 1970s transposer unit I don't think I can live with it. I dont really hear warble with any of the models in standard tuning - this definitely the same thing?

I just attached an example - unprocessed - T Model - user tuning A string - warbleA.wav

Appreciate your help.

Edited by sb77
add attachment