Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects 2.60 update volume reduce bug

leeosin6

Output volume is reduced after tuning(TAP TUNER).

Same thing with a preset with only one effector.

Changing the preset will restore the volume(07A->07B->07A).

It didn't happen in the 2.54 version.

It is driving me crazy!

Has anyone been through the same thing with me?

• Like 1

I haven't tried those steps to restore the volume but yeah I was in the middle of tracking guitars for a project and I updated the firmware. My new tracks were a few dB quieter than before. Since I also recorded my DI, it was easy enough to reamp but now I'm worried I'll have to reamp for my other songs for this project.

• Sad 1

Any more word on this?

I haven't upgraded yet, and I don't really want to if this is an issue. 

I have no problem waiting until 2.61, or 2.62.

Hell, I am still on 2.50 because right now musically I am wrapping up mixing/mastering, among other things keeping me busy. Although I am getting close to finished, and want to continue working on my next album. For that I would like at least the vol drop issue resolved. 

I’ve not had any issues like this. Actually, I updated to the actual 2.60 firmware right before a large gig I had on July 4th (was running various beta firmwares prior to that), and everything worked great.

I just updated to 2.6 the other day and gave it a good work out today to make sure it's ready for me to use this weekend.

I am not encountering any volume drop issues on any of my patches when I follow the procedure outlined by the OP. The only thing I noticed were the "wetter" reverbs... much wetter! I just dialed those back and all was good.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:37 AM, leeosin6 said:

It is driving me crazy!

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, for all I know maybe you found a bug but the following has assisted a lot of users who were having unpredictable volume issues. You may find that you prefer your 'Global Settings' --> 'EXP Pedals'  --->  'EXP 2 Pedal Position' = "Global". The EXP 2 setting is the default for the volume block. This will allow the current position on your volume pedal to control the volume on all your presets that have a volume block.

Lastly if no one else is reporting this problem it may be worth making a backup, running the global reset and perhaps updating the firmware again and then restoring your backup.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, leeosin6 said:

It is driving me crazy!

Just bought HX Effects with the firmware 2.60.  Am experiencing exactly the same issue.  Pushing the footswitch corresponding to the currently selected preset resumes the original output volume, though.  I don't need to change the preset.

8 hours ago, akirabass said:

Just bought HX Effects with the firmware 2.60.  Am experiencing exactly the same issue.  Pushing the footswitch corresponding to the currently selected preset resumes the original output volume, though.  I don't need to change the preset.

I sent a mail to Line 6. He said he would fix it on the next patch.

I don't want to change the preset either. T.T

2 hours ago, leeosin6 said:

I sent a mail to Line 6. He said he would fix it on the next patch.

I don't want to change the preset either. T.T

Thank you for taking your time!  Let's hope it will soon be fixed with the firmware 2.61 rather than 2.7!

• 3 months later...