Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Paul F

Paul-Fenton

5 hours ago, Paul-Fenton said:

Hasn't been able to connect since I bought it.As mentioned tried a new cable but still have the message saying not connected.

Did you buy the HD new or used? If you bought new, when did you buy it?

Which MAC OS are you running? Have you used the port for anything else to know for certain it is working?

Have you installed the drivers? Did you set the permissions for the drivers.

Depending on the OS you are running, to activate the installed drivers (Monkey app) you must give permission in System preferences -> Privacy & Security

Thanks for your reply.

I bought the HD 500X second hand.I'm using os High Sierra Version 10.13.5. I use the usb ports for a mouse etc so they work ok . I think the drivers have been installed via the monkey app. As far as I know the privacy & security settings are ok to go  ie  enabled to allow . Thanks again 

6 hours ago, Paul-Fenton said:

I think the drivers have been installed via the monkey app. As far as I know the privacy & security settings are ok to go  ie  enabled to allow .

"I think" and "as far as I know" are not allowable answers :) 

Don't take anything for granted. Double check all of that stuff... then triple check it! If there is a problem at that stage, you will never be able to connect.

If everything is definitely installed and the permissions are good... I hate to say it... but that may be why the unit was for sale. 

I talked with Line6 Tech Support today.  This is a "known" issue.  As the person above suggested, it's a setting somewhere.  I'm not going to go through the steps to fix it because I don't know them myself.  I was in my car dropping off my daughter when we were going through the fix.  lol.  My bad, no worries.  I'm hoping I get it fixed tonight.  Good luck.

• Like 1