Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cable to connnect jtv 89 to computer

You don’t just need a single cable. You need a VDI interface. The guitar should have come with it, but given your question, I’m guessing yours didn’t. You can pick up a stand-alone VDI interface or you can use another Line 6 device with a VDI jack that supports Workbench HD.

Thank you so much, Phil, no, mine was second hand, it didn't come with anything! So I need the VDI cable (which I know) and a stand-alone VDI interface (which I don't know).  :)  Can you give me a link to an interface like that, please? Can I buy the one that was supposed to come with the guitar?

6 hours ago, messtmm said:

Thank you so much, Phil, no, mine was second hand, it didn't come with anything! So I need the VDI cable (which I know) and a stand-alone VDI interface (which I don't know).  :)  Can you give me a link to an interface like that, please? Can I buy the one that was supposed to come with the guitar?

You'd need this:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/503900-Line-6-99-065-0005

But do a google search to see if you can find these used or other sites as this price seems a little hight to me. 

Jd

2 hours ago, Matt_Brown said:

As far as I'm aware all JTVs use the same vdi and interface...

Yep... There are two different styles of VDI interfaces now, but they'll all work with any Variax.

12 hours ago, messtmm said:

Guys, one more question: can I find any good, custom sounds for JTV '89? 'Cos everything I saw was for the multieffects, or amps, or... 

There is no place that I know of where we can download custom guitar settings for the JTV's. If others know of such a site, please share. 

Jd

You just need a hex key (should have come with the guitar). If you are not sure what you are doing is probably best to get it set up by a guitar tech. They don't need to be a Line 6 person, just know about guitars. There is always YouTube but....

On 7/16/2018 at 9:57 PM, messtmm said:

Thank you, Matt! I understand what you're talking about, but do you know what size that hex key is?

Just get a set of metric hex keys... if you're gonna own a guitar with a Floyd, then you're gonna need various different sizes anyway... for the locks at the nut and saddles, intonation adjustment, etc. etc. Should be able to find a set that'll include everything you need for $10 or less. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:24 AM, jakeman19 said:

There is no place that I know of where we can download custom guitar settings for the JTV's. If others know of such a site, please share. 

Jd

This is the place, (not a Line 6 site); you do need to register, but the admins are on here.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=138.0

It is pointed to by the Sticky thread: