Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't find HD Fully loaded amps, did I get screwed?

bergers59

Hey everyone, just got my hd500x yesterday (used) and everything works well so far, its just a pretty steep learning curve for me coming from a spider 3 amp. I've been playing with all of my settings and downloading patches in edit, the only problem is I can't find all of the amps that are in the fully loaded bundle in the amp dropdown when I'm editing patches. The guy I bought it from did a factory reset before I bought it, but advertised it as having the fully loaded bundle, which is the reason I bought the amp at the price I did. Hopefully it's just error on my part, appreciate any help. 

If he did a factory reset before sending it to you, the model packs won't be there. He will need to gift you the license for the model packs, and you will need to run License Manager to activate them. This goes through process of adding them:

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, did you log into a Line 6 account with the HD 500 connected? 

I don't know exactly how the authorization works, but I would suspect if your account is not authorized for those amps the mere login could have zapped them. 

As phil_m has said, if the unit was sold including those amp packs, you need to have the original owner gift/transfer them to your account. 

Thanks for the replies, I told him he had to gift them but he said he doesn't see an option to gift them in his purchase history, I think he's looking in the wrong spot. Either way he opened a support ticket with Line6 to have them do it and gave me the ticket number. I don't remember the sequence of logging in/using the board, but I was definitely logged in while using it. I kind of doubt they were there to start if he did a factory reset first, but who knows.

They were wiped out by the reflashing of the firmware. That is the only way to reset the patches. You have to use the licence manager to activate the model packs...It's been so long since I did that, I scarcely remember...

I think the one thing everyone has overlooked is to ask a brand new user...

Where are you looking and what are you looking for? 

You are not going to find a spot that says "here's your list of bonus amps" because they are mixed into the list with the rest of them. 

Nor are you going to find them listed as Orange or Marshall.

• Like 1

To update, I thankfully received the licenses, and they showed up in my license manager under the HD500x. I authorized the computer and pod, installed them to the hd500x, but now I'm not sure where to find them. This is probably a noob question, but I figured the amps would be in the drop down of the amp selection in editor. 

Edit: also went to setup page 12/12 on the LCD screen of the pod, says the packs are there, so it's probably something simple I'm overlooking

6 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

I think the one thing everyone has overlooked is to ask a brand new user...

Where are you looking and what are you looking for? 

You are not going to find a spot that says "here's your list of bonus amps" because they are mixed into the list with the rest of them. 

Nor are you going to find them listed as Orange or Marshall.

Specifically big bottom...because djent. But actually that's one of the only one's I know by name for sure that's in the metal pack, and it wasn't/isn't there

• 4 months later...
HD Model Pack Amp Models:  
Small Tweed Fender® Champ
Jazz Rivet Roland® JC-120
PV Panama Peavey® 5150® (Block logo)
SVT Brt Ampeg® SVT® Bright Ch.
SVT Nrm Ampeg® SVT® Normal Ch.
Mahadeva Bogner® Shiva
G Cougar 800 GK Gallien-Kruger® 800RB
Brit 2204 Remastered Marshall® JCM800 (Model 2204)
Mandarin 80 Orange® OR80
A30 Fawn Brt VOX® AC30 (Fawn Bright Ch.)
A30 Fawn Nrm VOX® AC30 (Fawn Normal Ch.)
Black Panel Pete Pete Anderson Custom
Line 6 Octone Line 6 Original
Line 6 Insane Line 6 Original
Line 6 Big Bottom Line 6 Original
Line 6 Variac'ed Plexi Line 6 Original
Line 6 Purge Line 6 Original
Line 6 Aggro Line 6 Original
Line 6 Smash Line 6 Original
Line 6 Acoustic Line 6 Original