Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider 3 HD150 powers off and on by itself

I just bought a used Line 6 Spider 3 HD150 head from Guitar Center. I powered it up and started to play (through headphones as I do not yet have the cab for it) and it worked fine for about 30 seconds. I looked down at my FBX longboard and noticed that it had switched banks by itself from Bank 2 to Bank 3. I switched it back to Bank 2 and the preset channel I was using, then the sound cut out. After 2 seconds it came back. Then it started doing it over and over. I noticed it was actually powering off and on repeatedly. Any advice on steps I should take to correct the issue? I have 45 days to return it if I can't fix it. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I'm back. I exchanged the above mentioned amp for another, also a spider 3 hd150. I have the cab and everything set up. 

This one is power cycling as well! Any idea why? I am running the spider 3 with the 412 slant cab, 2 3ft 12 gauge speaker cables, and an FBX longboard.