Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX routing question

wintermutetwin

My goal is to have the HX drives/compression/etc go into my amp (AxeFx2) before the preamp and to have the amp's effects loop send to another "path" in the HX for other effects and return to be placed after my "cab" in the Axefx.

I am thinking that this would be the signal flow:

Path 1: Guitar input > HX Input > HX path with pre amp effects > HX send1 with the Dry Thru at -120db > cable from HX send1 > AxeFX input

Path 2: Cable from AxeFx send > HX Return1 > 2nd HX path with post amp effects > Cable from HX output > AxeFx return

See screenshot for proposed HX preset.

Does all this make good sense? Am I missing something? Is there a better way?

Much thanks for any assistance.

HX.jpg

All you're describing is the 4 cable method (4CM). It's much simpler than what you're trying to do. You just need to insert and FX Loop block in the signal path. Anything before the FX Loop will be before the Axe FX, and anything after it will be in its loop.

It would look like this (ignore the patch title, as I was messing around with the 7CM, an expanded 4CM, with this patch. The patch layout would look the same.)

wxQetae.jpg

The other thing I should mention is that there are actually 4CM presets included with the factory presets. Those will have this signal chain already set up. All you would have to do is change out the pre and post blocks.