Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FRFR Requirements

SUBnet192

Hi everyone,

I am selling my AxeFX Ultra to move to the Helix Floor. I had a small rack setup that I bought used and an Atomic FRFR Passive wedge cab. I assume the Helix Floor cannot drive the passive FRFR directly and I still need my poweramp (Art SLA-2)? I was hoping to get rid of all the rack stuff...

1 hour ago, roscoe5 said:

Seymour Duncan has those Powerstage pedalboard amps. I think they aremaketing them for guitar cabs, but may work with your passive Atomic.

I have one and I really like it.I use it with a blackstar 212 cab its loud enough for small clubs.I like that it has a 3 band eq so it great to set the helix up and if i need to tweak it I dont have to go onto the helix I just use the eq on the SD.

There are plenty of good powered full-range speakers out there these days, many intended for portable PAs. Shop based on the largest venue and number of people you will need to play for. If really large venues, make sure the speaker has a line out.

I think @SUBnet192 Atomic speakers are full range with HF drivers.  Some of those guitar cab intended power amps can be harsh on the top end.  Not noticible with the frequency response of a guitar cab, but nails on a chalkboard with a n HF driver in a full range speaker.  I had a Crate powerblock that sounded great with Helix and my Mesa cab, but had high frequency distortion that can be heard in any of my bass or PA cabs with a horn.

I'm sure the SDPower Stage is higher quality.  The OP could always return if it did t work out for full range.