Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab as Studio Monitor?

Frankenkeim

Aloha - I am running the Helix LT into the PC+. I am also using the LT as my audio interface and have an analog Keyboard connected to it.

Any concerns with using the PC+ as my Studio Monitor when I add the Keyboard? I would assume in Flat mode it should work but I am not sure if my keyboard might produce any frequencies that could damage the PC at a certain level or that will not be reproduced accurately. Since it is a FRFR unit with a range from 70Hz to 20kHz I was wondering what you guys think.

Studio monitors are generally something that you want in pairs.... one won't do you much good, and this particular device is not designed for that kind of use anyway. If you're looking record and monitor multiple instruments, stereo reference monitors are a necessity.

On the plus side, you can get a nice pair of studio monitors for half (if not less) than what you'd spend on one Powercab.

• Upvote 1