Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need ideas: Can I trick Helix into 3 path input?

mitchmarkell

I just bought a hybrid guitar which has two separate outs. One for Piezos and one for humbuckers. But I use one full path for vocal as well. 

Can anyone think of a way to create a quazi-dual preset chain on a single path?

I do have a stand alone A-B-Y pedal too but I'm not sure that can help.

Essentially I want to setup different blocks with different EQs etc. For each output on a dual output guitar , - but I can't use my second Helix path because to is dedicated to vocal.

P.S. I think the answer lies in using a full stereo path, but I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. Lol.

You don't need any trickery... You need to split Path 1 into Paths 1A and 1B by dragging the Split and Merge blocks down. Then you can set all the input and output blocks however you want them.

aCmvP2x.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mitchmarkell said:

Thanks for responding, but I'm not sure how to configure inputs. This guitar has two separate 1/4" jacks. So I would be plugging in two separate cables. 

Plug one into 'Guitar In', and the other into 'Aux In'. Change the input paths to accept those respectively.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:01 AM, mitchmarkell said:

Okay maybe getting closer but why does the divided duo when activated also distort the lower path which are my piezos?

1637317775_ScreenShot2018-07-15at5_57_14AM.thumb.png.760137d4b095e508ec3be9cb6d457a87.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 5.57.14 AM.png

Assuming you have checked the path just with the piezo on to make sure the distortion is not originating on the upper magnetics path. Check the headroom parameter in your delay on the piezo path and try increasing it. A low headroom setting can cause distortion. Also of course the "Drive" setting on the "Pre" could contribute to this as well.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:10 AM, bsd512 said:

Looks like you have an amp but no cabinet. That would make it distorted and harsh.

Worth checking and could be causing the problem although you should be able to use a "Pre" as this preset does without a cab on piezos and not get distortion. I have done this with acoustic guitars with piezos without issue.

I got it

Thanks to all for your help. Turns out I cannot have the upper (magnei) path input set to "multi". It must be set to "guitar" and with the lower path set to "aux" this worked as expected. Completly separate sounds coming from both systems. 

BTW: This guitar is the Italia Mondial Classic and it sounds absolutely killer on both Piezos and the Wilkinson WVCs.

I returned the PRS P22 that had bought previously (which cost $3K more) and I couldn't be happier. Truely awesome if you can stand to look at it. Lol.

14 hours ago, mitchmarkell said:

Thanks for responding, but I'm not sure how to configure inputs. This guitar has two separate 1/4" jacks. So I would be plugging in two separate cables. 

I have a guitar with magnetics and piezo. Magnetics plugged into guitar IN and piezo into one of the returns. 

44 minutes ago, mitchmarkell said:

I got it

Thanks to all for your help. Turns out I cannot have the upper (magnei) path input set to "multi". It must be set to "guitar" and with the lower path set to "aux" this worked as expected. Completly separate sounds coming from both systems. 

BTW: This guitar is the Italia Mondial Classic and it sounds absolutely killer on both Piezos and the Wilkinson WVCs.

I returned the PRS P22 that had bought previously (which cost $3K more) and I couldn't be happier. Truely awesome if you can stand to look at it. Lol.

Yep, good call, did not notice that. "Multi" means that the piezo as well as the magnetics was going through the upper path. Sounds like you solved it.

19 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Worth checking and could be causing the problem although you should be able to use a mic pre as this preset does without a cab on piezos and not get distortion. I have done this with acoustic guitars with piezos without issue.

Ah, good to know, thanks.

I totally missed the multi input also. Glad the OP got it solved.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:59 PM, mitchmarkell said:

I got it

After reading your post I checked out the Mondial Classic.  Interesting guitar!