Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound on POD HD500x with POD HD 300 presets

zetsuboushita

Hello,
I've been using the POD HD500x for quite a while now. I'm aware that the tones from other units (such as Pro/ProX/Desktop, 300,400,500) are compatible when converted with the 500x. The problem is I don't receive any sound form the converted 300 tones. All the others are fine, just the 300. Sometimes I get a notification on the unit's panel that there is no amp, but when there clearly is one or i add one, still no sound. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or is there a solution so I can use these tones?

On 7/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, zetsuboulollipopa said:

I'm aware that the tones from other units (such as Pro/ProX/Desktop, 300,400,500) are compatible when converted

to be more specific.... 

Patches from the four units (Pro/x/500/x) can be entered using the drag-n-drop method with no converting needed. 

The EDIT programs will not find patches (when using the "open" command) for other devices because they are programmed to look for a specific extensions.

Outside of those 4 devices, the patches will need converted. But you can absolutely drag and drop for those 4. 

What I mean is I can add them via EDIT and they are saved it the unit's memory. I just can't use them (hear any sound). I have attached an image how such and unusable tone looks like. I have looked if I made a stupid mistake like turning down the volume of the guitar or amp but everything seems to be normal. And one more interesting thing - when I'm on a tone like this and start the EDIT program, it resets the slot "New Tone (Reset) *".

38122945_2187683611261051_880738676756185088_n.jpg