Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.6 Industrial Fuzz bug?

salty09

I was trying to sue the Industrial Fuzz for the first time in 2.6 last night. I found that no matter where I put it in the chain, when I turned it on I had normal volume and then when I turned it off the volume dropped a silly amount. I was familiar with the impedance tone changing situation, but this seems totally different. Anyone else notice this as a problem? 

I think some people have gotten around the volume/sound changes when the fuzz is bypassed by assigning the Impedance parameter value to a snapshot or to the same stomp switch as the fuzz such that the impedance changes when the fuzz is engaged and bypassed. You may also find it works better when the Impedance is set to "Auto" and the fuzz is the first effect block in the signal chain.

Hey HonestOpinion, I was using it as the first effect block in the chain with impedance set to auto. In the past I knew to expect a darker tone when the pedal was off, but never experienced the super dramatic volume drop I am now experiencing. I can toggle the impedance to see if that corrects the volume drop, but it was not that way in the past...so something has changed since I last used that pedal first in the chain in an earlier firmware. 

2 hours ago, salty09 said:

Hey HonestOpinion, I was using it as the first effect block in the chain with impedance set to auto. In the past I knew to expect a darker tone when the pedal was off, but never experienced the super dramatic volume drop I am now experiencing. I can toggle the impedance to see if that corrects the volume drop, but it was not that way in the past...so something has changed since I last used that pedal first in the chain in an earlier firmware. 

Hmm, haven't gotten around to testing a fuzz block yet in the new firmware as I rarely use fuzz. Sounds like you were aware of the impedance requirements for fuzz pedals in the past firmware versions though. You may want to talk to Line6 and see if they have intentionally changed something with the fuzz blocks or establish if you have discovered a bug.