Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JM-4 Looper power supply

rsaiget

I'm visiting China where the power is 220 volt.  I plugged my JM-4 looper in and I probably blew out my rig.  The question is did I just blow out the Line 6 PX-2G power supply or did I also blow out the pedal as well?  This is to ask, will the pedal still work if I get a new power supply.  This is what I'm hoping for.  Is there anyone out there who can fill me in?

thanks for replying.  No, the PX-2g is rated for 120v, I bought the JM-4 on Amazon in the United States a couple of years ago.  I knew i should have used a step down transformer from 220v to 120v, but jet lag got the better of me and I plugged it into the wall voltage here, which is 220 volt.  Did I fry the looper pedal or just the power supply?  Will the looper work if I get another compatible power supply?  thanks

"Did I fry the looper pedal or just the power supply?" --- Hopefully, just the primary

winding of the supply. There should be a PX-2g for the voltage for that region. Or,

you could get a PX-2g and a 220VAC to 120VAC step-down transformer.

• 3 years later...

don't know if you got this answered but the power supply should be a few feet of cable to a box then a few more feet of cable to the jm4 right? that should have been the end of the road for the damage, that power supply box I mean. hope it works/worked out for ya