Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HXeffects 2.60 -HX Edit 2.52 timeout error

hsix

Hi all, I'm an early days line 6 users (gutar port, vetta!! , different PODS etc....) and recently bought the HX Effects to replace my big pedalboard for smaller gigs. I obviously  wanted to create a backup of the presets I made so far on my recently bought HX effects (2.50 upgraded). All presets  were initially visible in HX edit , but the backup itself failed always failed on part 3 : presets. So just in case,  I exported all patches , tried importing etc.. worked .. prior to upgrading all as a first attempt to solve. Upgraded HX effects to latest 2.60 and HX Edit to 2.52 sucessfully., but since then I am unable to load my HXeffects 2.60 prestes into the HX edit 2.52 in order to creat a backup . Following orange error message always appears  " failed to get preset names (timeout waiting for a response from device Code -8212"... . different restarts and other usb cables later , no progress. I am thus unable to back up my hours of tweaking . Any advice here ? Thanks , Hans

• 4 weeks later...

thanks guys, didn't notice 2.60 was lareday there. Did the upload, communication works but still not abimage.png.ac1c4268129089823c18061397a8614c.pngle to import or create back-ups although in my former directory and path of importing presets. what am I overlooking here ?

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the HX Edit 2.6 and still having the same issue. Funny thing though, after downloading and installing the HX Edit 2.6 several times when I choose "About HX Edit" from the top Mac menu it still says HX EDIT 2.52.

1 hour ago, ewolfe said:

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the HX Edit 2.6 and still having the same issue. Funny thing though, after downloading and installing the HX Edit 2.6 several times when I choose "About HX Edit" from the top Mac menu it still says HX EDIT 2.52.

Than you're still running 2.52... You probably need to uninstall that version before installing 2.60. It seems that some Mac users have to do this for some reason.