Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dedicated Expression pedal effect how?

decks4

I want to put partial verb on my external expression pedal, and have it always available but not take up one of my button positions. The reasoner this is, I want to swell up fro 0% to 100% particle verb at the end of every song for transition pad between songs. No matter what patch or setting I am on, I always want to be able to rock the external expression pedal full to fade in particle verb as a transition pad. Is there a way to set up the Helix LT to do that?

Thanks!

Thank you!

I was hoping there was a way to keep the particle verb going even through song switches. I am using snapshots so the trails don't cut when I switch parts within a song, but switching songs ALL the DSP cuts to reload.  I always used my old M9 to connect live song transitions in the past, but from what I read the "sound cut" is system wide on the helix when switching "songs" on a setlist. The snapshots helped within songs, but connecting live songs seems like it will require a pedal outside of my helix. Kind of a bummer, since part of the Helix appeal is "getting rid of everything" and just hauling the Helix as a stand alone piece to gigs.

Thanks for all your help!

1 hour ago, decks4 said:

Thank you!

I was hoping there was a way to keep the particle verb going even through song switches. I am using snapshots so the trails don't cut when I switch parts within a song, but switching songs ALL the DSP cuts to reload.  I always used my old M9 to connect live song transitions in the past, but from what I read the "sound cut" is system wide on the helix when switching "songs" on a setlist. The snapshots helped within songs, but connecting live songs seems like it will require a pedal outside of my helix. Kind of a bummer, since part of the Helix appeal is "getting rid of everything" and just hauling the Helix as a stand alone piece to gigs.

Thanks for all your help!

What kind of gig/setting are you playing in? At church I run pads in mp3 format from iDevice to Helix via USB. WorshipTutorials.com has them in all keys and they make transitions like that a breeze. The pad continues to play from USB 1/2 in to XLR outs while you change presets. No gaps in the pad. 

• Upvote 1

So the Helix doesn't let you just have a specific effect running no matter what else is going on, nor does it have the option of spillover between presets (this is a much discussed topic, and there's very good reason for it).  HOWEVER, Snapshots can almost assuredly get what you need.  I also play guitar in a worship band, and I use snapshots and it lets me have all kinds of wacky effect changes in the middle of songs, and I can alter the snapshots week to week - say if this week I need a dotted 8th delay, but next week I need 3 different flavors of "crunchy with reverb" but no dotted 8th delay, I can get rid of that snapshot (with the patch safely saved on my desktop for future use if I want) and replace it with an additional crunch snapshot.  

Snapshots won't override something unless you tell them to, so you land on the last chord of one song - bring the pedal up (which you assigned to the Mix parameter in your reverb), let your lovely reverb cover the space while you change Snapshots (not presets) to the one you use for the start of the next song, bring the pedal down, and away you go.  

Just for clarity's sake, this is all within ONE preset, which DOES allow spillover between snapshots.  The workarounds others have suggested are perfectly good ideas, but I think you'll find this doesn't require external hardware unless you REALLY NEED to switch patches between songs.  Snapshots are very powerful.