Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native system requirements

aaron__aardvark

Since Helix Native is on sale, I'm a bit tempted.  I've tried the Helix hardware unit: my mind was not blown, but it sounds pretty good.  Here are my potential problems: according to Line 6, I need Mac OSX 10.10 to 10.12.  I currently have Mac OSX 10.9.5, and don't really want to upgrade that unless I really have to; though I'm assuming I would need to.  Line 6 says Helix Native works with Cubase 8.5.  I only have Cubase AI 8.0.40, at best, it is the latest.  I have not tried the demo Helix Native yet because I doubt it would work with my Mac OSX 10.9.5.  I'm not going to buy Helix Native without verifying it would work with my computer set up.  Can anyone verify Helix Native works, or doesn't work with Cubase AI 8.0.40?

5 hours ago, aaron__aardvark said:

Since Helix Native is on sale, I'm a bit tempted.  I've tried the Helix hardware unit: my mind was not blown, but it sounds pretty good.  Here are my potential problems: according to Line 6, I need Mac OSX 10.10 to 10.12.  I currently have Mac OSX 10.9.5, and don't really want to upgrade that unless I really have to; though I'm assuming I would need to.  Line 6 says Helix Native works with Cubase 8.5.  I only have Cubase AI 8.0.40, at best, it is the latest.  I have not tried the demo Helix Native yet because I doubt it would work with my Mac OSX 10.9.5.  I'm not going to buy Helix Native without verifying it would work with my computer set up.  Can anyone verify Helix Native works, or doesn't work with Cubase AI 8.0.40?

Helix Native is free to try - download it and give it a try, you have nothing to loose. As “soundog” notes above, you will have a better idea of how it functions with your set up.

Note: If aardvarks were people, they would be the first entry in the phone book!

soundog and datacommando,

Thank you for replying.  I know at some point I will update my Mac OSX, though I'm putting it off for as long as possible.  I'm afraid I will blow my one chance at using the Helix Native demo if I try it with my Mac OSX 10.9.5 that I have now.

Yes, that is part of the reason I came up with my screen name/band name: the alphabetical thing.

Warning: I was able to install and run the demo version on OSX 10.9. It was only after I bought it and registered it that it suddenly stopped working. Apparently there is something about the registration process that prevents it from working in OSX 10.9, even though the demo version runs fine.

Might not be relevant but when Native first came out there was a few problems with registration and activations... Line 6 got on top of it and fixed it... do a search on the forum for the post... Might want to raise a support ticket as your now a legit paid for user... Hope it works for you :)