Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controller assigning troubleshooting

mattko16

Hello forum,

When I attempt to set parameters for certain effects, It reverts back to its original state. 

I believe I’m following the correct method:

Press and hold (for ex) a Delay parameter knob. I go to Controller Assign page 

Tweak the min and max values. Then Press Knob 6 (Learn Controller). Then the desired footswitch, and HOME to exit.

However it does not save the new parameters. 

Is there a global setting that’s in play here reverting it back?

thanks for input. 

-Matt K

It’s within a new preset I create. There’s the default settings for effects blocks when placed in the signal chain. It’s when I go to adjust those paremters to something different, it reverts back to original default block settings. Yes I do save it after the change.

I believe you need to set the min and max values for the controller after you use the "Learn Controller" function. That's how I've always done it, anyways. I think setting the controller resets them back to 0 and 100, respectively.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been in both modes when this occurs. The min and max values appear when setting the Learn Controller. I can adjust the values to any amount and after I click the desired footswitch they return to 0 and 100. I hope this makes sense

13 hours ago, mattko16 said:

I’ve been in both modes when this occurs. The min and max values appear when setting the Learn Controller. I can adjust the values to any amount and after I click the desired footswitch they return to 0 and 100. I hope this makes sense

1 minute ago, jbuhajla said:

Choose the switch you want to control first, then set your min/max. 

Yeah, you just need to adjust the min and max values after selecting the controller. I don't think it's a bug, per se. I just think the min and max values go back to their default values when you pick a new controller. I don't remember if this happens on HX Edit or not.