Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change Input in snapshot

LewisBrunton

Hi,

I have just purchased a Helix and have been having great fun working with snapshots, in particular changing parameters and bypassing blocks so that I can switch between rhythm and lead tones.

One thing that I would like to do is be able to switch the input from 'Guitar' to 'Aux' by means of a snapshot as this would enable me to switch from the mag pickups on my guitar to the piezo.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Lewis

No and Yes. :)

You can't change the input via a snapshot but there are at least two ways to do what you're after.

1) Make two different presets. Each preset will remember which input you selected. Depending on the presets, the output might get muted when you switch.

2) Create two different paths in the same preset, one using Guitar and one using Aux as the input.  Then use snapshots to control gain blocks or merge blocks that determine which path goes to the output.

18 minutes ago, Mturner said:

2) Create two different paths in the same preset, one using Guitar and one using Aux as the input.  Then use snapshots to control gain blocks or merge blocks that determine which path goes to the output.

Aha yes of course, option 2 is my best bet :)

Thanks

Lewis

I set up my aux input on path 1A, then my guitar input starting on path 1B, connecting to path 2. Piezo connected to aux, and magnetics connected to guitar in. I use the on board expression pedal to control volume of magnetics signal, and external expression to control volume of piezo. You can use snaps to control volume rather than expression pedals.