Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M5 doesn't switch presets after the factory reset

volkov

Hey Guys! I've got a M5 pedal, that was dying slowly, as I thought. It was stuck in one preset, was rebooting constantly and no sound produced. I've tried to update the firmware, but it failed. Then I've managed to reset it to factory settings and it worked (actually I did it twice). Pedal does produce sound now, but it behaves not quite like it was before. It doesn't activate a preset until I tap both buttons. So I can scroll through the list of presets, but it would sound like the last preset I've edited. Then I tap both buttons and the selected preset activates. Before the reset it activated selected preset instantly.

I've bought my pedal from a person, so I don't know how it should work with factory defaults. Maybe I could set it up to activate presets while scrolling through them?

P.S. Also the expression pedal doesn't work with it anymore. Little dots appear, but no changes are made by the exp-pedal. But I'm not sure if it's working by itself.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 1:04 AM, volkov said:

It doesn't activate a preset until I tap both buttons. So I can scroll through the list of presets, but it would sound like the last preset I've edited. Then I tap both buttons and the selected preset activates. Before the reset it activated selected preset instantly.

You mentioned you bought your M5 used. The previous owner adjusted this setting, so now that you've successfully done your factory reset, you'll need to adjust the same setting to get it to work the same way again.

In "Performance" mode (the one that allows you to adjust the parameters), press and hold TAP. Then press Model Select. You will enter settings mode. Change the bottom middle parameter from LOAD PRESET to INSTANT PRESET. Exit setup by hitting TAP. Your M5 will now switch instantly between presets. :)

• Like 1