Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving the current state of the unit as preset or snapshot

Phil_Fee

I am used to working with VST plugins etc where I can tweak controls from any starting point - eg from an existing preset - and then when I have a setting I want to keep I can save it as a new preset and name it/choose a location for the new preset. 

There doesn't appear to be an obvious way to do this with the Helix/HX. The system seems to be setup for starting with a blank location and tweaking till you have what you want OR you can copy a preset you want to edit to a blank location and work from there BUT you seem to need to do this in anticipation of the desire to save a new preset. A spontaneous creation seems trickier to handle.

I want to option to save the current state to any location I desire - am I missing something here? Is there in fact a way to do this as I would expect?

There is no way to do this with HX Edit, but on the unit itself you can do it. When you the Save button once, you'll be taken to a screen where you can rename the preset. Above Knob 5, it says "Destination", and that's where you can select the slot you want to save the preset to. It's similar on the HX Effects.

As far as snapshots, those are a different. You can only save a snapshot while you're in that snapshot. You can copy and paste or swap them after the fact if you want.

Yes - thanks Phil - I was referring to working in the Editor itself and should have clarified that. Since the Editor is a PC/Mac application and therefore has just by virtue of access to Explorer or Mac equivalent all the power to save current state anywhere and name it from the keyboard it seems a tad bizarre that this is not enabled.