Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need help with a song patch for tonight

robkel

I am paying a show tonight, and one song is Revolution by the Beatles (that heavy distorted sound). Does anyone know which is the best patch to use for this song? I am hoping someone can point me to it as opposed to going through every one, or having to create one.

Nobody will be able to answer that for you, as the final results will depend entirely on the guitar, and what sort of rig you're using... straight to FOH, through a "real" guitar amp, some sort of FRFR stage amp, etc etc. And the odds of any random factory preset replicating one particular tone is essentially zero anyway, for the same reasons... too many variables. 

If you're new to Helix, you might want to think twice about gigging with it until you've been around the block with it a few times... modelers are very different beasts, compared to your favorite amp and a handful of pedals. 

Thanks, I have used it live, I use a Les Paul and I go through a Friedman power amp, so I have had no issues, and most of the songs I do I have found very good presets for, this song was a late add, and I was simply looking to see if one of the factory presets was a "version" of that song hidden under a different name. All good, I am going to play with it to dial in what I need. I am opening for a Rolling Stones cover band called "Satisfaction" in a few hours.

3 hours ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

For that song I would try a distorted preset with an amp only... no speaker block or IR.

This should be a good approach. Legend has it the guitar was plugged straight in to the the recording console for that sound.