Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way to switch between 8 snaps and 4 snap+4 stomps per preset?

bsd512

Is there any way to switch between 8 snapshot display and 4 snapsthots+4 stomps on a per preset basis?

I'm finding that doing this would be convenient - for some presets I would prefer having all 8 snapshots right there, for others, 4 snapshots is plenty and it would be nice to have the 4 stomps right there for those presets.

I've heard this answer is "no", but it's still a valid question. I downloaded some custom tones and found all the snapshots were special effects, not basic, usable rhythm tones. I didn't realize and didn't read in the patch's notes that all the regular snaps were concealed by me being in 4/4 mode. 8 snap display is a great idea, but it's heavily dependent on the player having strictly organized music. I occasionally add a lead boost or a delay to whatever snap I'm currently playing, when the moment inspires me. Moving to 8 snaps to accommodate some downloads would be a complete style change for me.

The 4 Snaps/4 Stomps is a Global Setting for Preset View, so there's no way to change that per preset. You can, however, always hit FS1 & FS7 simultaneously to get into Snapshot Mode, and in that mode you'll always see 8 Snapshots.

Personally, I prefer keeping Preset Mode set to 8 Snapshots. If I ever need to get into Stomp Mode, all I've have to do is hit the Mode Switch. I find it very fast to make changes if I need to that way.

58 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Personally, I prefer keeping Preset Mode set to 8 Snapshots. If I ever need to get into Stomp Mode, all I've have to do is hit the Mode Switch. I find it very fast to make changes if I need to that way.

Thanks, that's what I do now - 8 snapshots.

I don't think this is worth an ideascale suggestion, but if it was available, I'd use it.