Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are any companies working on something like this?

JeremiahEdward

I have a Helix, which I absolutely love... BUT... I also have a giant pedalboard full of high end delays/reverbs/drives/etc that I also love. I find that I just use a couple of amp tones anyway but I use a TON of effects.

Looking for a pedal that could hold just two models and two cabs at a time and a toggle switch to go back and forth between them. this way, you can still have the convenience of not having to lug an amp and a cab to a gig and still have great models with your own effects and drives. Is something like this out there that I'm just not aware of? I'm seen the Amplifire, but the tones on that have not really impressed me.

(And please don't say "just use the pedals with the helix". That would mean having to lug two pedalbaords to a gig which is (to me) absolutely insane.) 

PedalIdea.png

Line 6 had a product called an AM-4 which was on the road to what you are asking about, but it is old technology (POD 2 sounds). 

https://line6.com/legacy/am4 

It was ahead of it's time, wasn't very popular and was discontinued quickly, but I do wish something like that existed with the Helix amp models (amps/cabs/mics/IR's).

More and more people are starting to integrate some amp modelling with their existing pedal boards and don't want all the extra effects. As stated above, the Amplifire Box would do the trick... and there are a few others. I wish Line 6 would take a serious look at this market once again but they may be snakebit by the AM-4.