Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Missing blocks in preset after 2.6 update.

RRMark

After doing the update, my main gigging preset has a blank path 1.

Tried to load back ups but comes up the same.

Guessing that as the path was pretty maxed out for dsp in 2.53, it now has too much requirement in 2.6 and can't squeeze all blocks in, so just blanks the whole path.

Read something on this before somewhere....

Do I now have to roll back to to 2.53 Firmware and Editor, load the preset, lose a block, re save, then back to 2.6? Could also try to screenshot settings for a rebuild. (I don't remember bothering with 2.54?!)

4 hours ago, RRMark said:

Guessing that as the path was pretty maxed out for dsp in 2.53, it now has too much requirement in 2.6 and can't squeeze all blocks in, so just blanks the whole path.

Do I now have to roll back to to 2.53 Firmware and Editor, load the preset, lose a block, re save, then back to 2.6? Could also try to screenshot settings for a rebuild. (I don't remember bothering with 2.54?!)

Assuming that you have both HX Edit 2.6 and the 2.6 firmware loaded I think you may be right about this being related to the bug people have been reporting regarding the maxed out memory. If you happen to have Native you could probably load your preset there, delete a block and save, and then load the preset back to whatever HX device you have.

17 hours ago, RRMark said:

Hi,

You say that your main gigging preset has a blank path 1, but is that the only one, or are there more? It seems a lot of work to revert to a previous version of the editor and re-flash your Helix for one patch.

”brue58ski” has pasted a link above where someone had a similar issue. Another forum user “Dshow” was able to remove the offending block (a wha) from the preset and resave the file so that it could be loaded into v2.60 HX Edit with the top line restored.

As the preset ***.hlx files are JSON “JavaScript Object Notation” text files, I think it may be a question of opening a copy of the problem file in a text editor, then delete the “bad block” and then save back the modified file. Load it and see if it works.

You could also try to contact the forum user who fixed the file mentioned in the discussion above and ask if they could do the same for you. It’s worth a shot and you wouldn’t have to backtrack your software.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your replies guys, some great ideas. I don't have Native and that was the post I couldn't find.

I have sent the preset to Line6 so they can check it out.

All my other presets worked fine.

In my haste I've rolled back to 2.53 for a couple of gigs this week. On the problem preset Path1 is fully loaded, all blocks are greyed out if I try to load anything in the one space.

Seems like a small change in 2.60 firmware has taken it over the dsp limit.

The one preset, with on going tweaks, has done 120 gigs since March 2016 and has been rebuilt through numerous firmware upgrades. With 2.53 I added the kinky boost. The previous version without the kinky boost loads fine in 2.60

I could lose the Flanger... 

On 7/30/2018 at 5:08 AM, HonestOpinion said:

On 7/30/2018 at 12:45 PM, brue58ski said:

20 hours ago, datacommando said:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, tsimpsonian said:

Did any anyone find a solution to this problem? It just happened to me.  I'm using HX 2.6, updated to firmware 2.6 and every path 1 is missing everything, path 2 is missing about 50%.  

Hi,

I guess you must be the person who posted about this on the Helix FB page, that I pointed to the thread on here.

As I mentioned in my earlier post above, another forum user “Dshow” was able to remove the offending block (a wha) from the preset and resave the file so that it could be loaded into v2.60 HX Edit with the top line restored. As the preset ***.hlx files are JSON “JavaScript Object Notation” text files, it may be simply a question of opening a copy of the problem file in a text editor, then delete the offending “bad block” and then save back the modified file. This worked in that particular case, but since then it appears that presets that contain the “Kinky Boost” are particularly prone to this phenomenon. Here’s a quote from another thread about this:

I received an answer from Line6 but they just told me there was an issue importing presets containing the Kinky Boost.”

From what I have found out about this problem, it seems that it occurs when a preset has been created that using almost the limit of DSP power. These patches work fine in v2.53 but will not load into v2.60.

More info here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/34671-update-260-_-loss-of-dsp/

It appears that since then, Line 6 have said the a fix for this will be implemented in the next update. Although for the present, your options seem to be, revert back to v2.53 and edit your presets to free up more processing power then re-flash your firmware back to the latest v2.6. This may be a little excessive if you only have a couple of preset files that refuse to load. Other option is, it may just be faster to recreate the patch from scratch.

You can probably put this down to pushing the limits of the technology currently available. Personally I can’t see why the Kinky Boost would cause the problem. User Malhavok (Ben Vesco) has done an analysis of DSP allocation in Helix, but only up to v2.50, and it doesn’t appear to be excessive compared especially when to the Cosmos Echo. Anyhow something changed to screw things up. As someone noted "upgrade at your own risk".

Check Ben’s results here:

http://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

Hope this helps/makes sense