Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native with Apogee GIO in MainStage

avanveld

I've been on MainStage just this year (2018) making the move from full hardware (Pod X3 Pro) to full computer (hyped up MacBookPro) w/ Apogee GIO for the pedal board. Using regular Logic virtual amps and pedals works well but i've just bought the Helix Native plugin and am confused at how to map parameters to the GIO. I want to be able to assign the virtual stomp box pedals in the Helix patches to the pedal buttons on my GIO.

For example, I can use the full Helix patch just fine as an "Audio FX"  but i can't figure out how to pull the delay from that and assign it to a GIO pedal and tap like the GIO concert wants.

Same would be true for bypassing the distortion block or chorus or phaser...any of the parameters. 

Ideas?

There're a lot of online videos and docs that explain how to control 3rd party (non-Apple) plug-ins within MainStage. Have you successfully controlled any third-party plug-ins, or is Helix the only one presenting problems?

It's the only one i've tried. If there's good link for my application i'd be glad to watch it. The controlling factor is that i need it to work w/ the GIO Concert structure so i retain that foot pedal's functionality....unless there's a better way!

TKS MUCH

Been looking @ articles but nothing that explains how to get a pedal emulator from Helix Native assigned to the pedalboard implementation in the GIO Concert. Maybe i wasted my $$ on Helix Native because if i can only play the presets it's useless for live.

SO...i did last night figure out how to use the GIO to control the Helix Native stomp boxes...Can't use the learning system, have to hard program it but it works.

Only issue now is to get to the tap tempo for a delay block w/ a Switch or Knob. Unclear to me in HXN how to make that appear externally.

Did finally get Tap to work ...i'd tried that 'sync to host' but not consistently. In my brief experience, it seems that the Time/Note option in HXN for the delay block has to be on Note for this to work.

Tks to your help and a lot of "boy, MS3 does things non-intuitively" work i did get a 5 song concert set up w/ the GIO and HXN for church this morning and all went well. Good to move past the stock Logic plug-ins and into the Helix world so now i think i'm cool w/ putting my POD X3 Pro and Shortboard up on ebay.

...now to customize HXN tones like i did my X3...

Awesome .... good to hear. MainStage is not intuitive, I've used it before. But it is powerful if you can get it to do what you want. Once you get all that troubleshooting and guesswork behind you, then its a lot easier to create new stuff. I go through that anytime I have new gear/software and I'm working with MIDI; its almost never straightforward. When I get it figured out, I usually keep some simple step-by-step notes in case I need to create, for example, a new song list months later.

true...i started w/ MS3 in February and it's been a chore to say the least...and i have a BS in computer science...programmer. And i own an AV company so use computers/software all the time....but if you step back and remember that it's non-intuitive, it seems you are able to find what you need in MS3.

peace