Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Newbie Question: I own a HD500x, which Variax models/features are compatible?

I'm starting to research the different Variax models and I just want to be sure what I want to do is available on certain models with my HD500x. I guess the most intriguing feature that i've read about so far is being able to have patches with certain alternate tunings and/or 12 string simulators built in to my patches. Is this only done through instruments or pods with a VDI connector? Also, which software allows me to change the tunings? Is it done in L6 Edit or Workbench? 

Which models available are compatible with the HD500x that will allow me access to these tuning features?

Can you leave a variax and non-variax guitar plugged into the pod at the same time? If the variax is running a VDI cable and the other guitar is your standard 1/4", technically you could set the patch input to whichever input i'd need for that specific guitar, correct? 

" Can you leave a variax and non-variax guitar plugged into the pod at the same time? "--- Yes. And there

is an input selector that allows you to decide which one you want to enable at any given moment.

https://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd500x

In case you want to do a deep dive into a owners manual for more details.