Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't update HX FX

Inerzia

Yes, I did everything I was supposed to. -sigh- 
There was nothing to backup because the unit is new, the drivers are up to date, the editor (not that it matters so far) is up to date, the updater is 1.14 (up to date too), and I've tried seven different cables connected to five different USB ports on the same computer. There's just this computer, the same one I use to edit and update my Helix. 
I've also tried closing any audio related app, the web browser and pretty much everything else.
Now... Here's what happens:
The updater detects the HX
I select it, pick the fw version I want to install > description > license agreement > Pre update instructions > update begins... in approximately 10 seconds, the unit reads "Updater ready", and about 10 seconds later, the update fails and the updater says "F15 Firmware Update Suspended . HX Effects did not reset after loading update app (via DFU), (some Kevin nonsense that's supposed to be funny, but in present circumstances it isn't, at all) Manually disconnect/reconnect usb cable, then Click 'continue' "

And that's it. Any idea? Has this happened to someone else?

Thanks in advance

If you run into any trouble with a failed update or your unit will not boot up, try powering on while holding the right arrow ">" This will put the unit into update mode and you can re install the latest firmware from there. If that does not solve your issue I would open a support ticket. https://line6.com/support/tickets/

• Upvote 1

Have you tried to doing a factory reset? Hold down FS7 & FS8 (the two right-most buttons on the lower row) while powering up, and that will reset it...

You don't happen to have anything plugged into the MIDI in and/or out jacks, do you?

• Upvote 1

The other thing I'll add is that the Line 6 site seemed very sluggish today, so perhaps the Updater was having trouble downloading the update. It seems to be working a lot better now. It might be worth seeing if you can download the flash file. You can always try running Updater in offline mode then.

8 hours ago, phil_m said:

Have you tried to doing a factory reset? Hold down FS7 & FS8 (the two right-most buttons on the lower row) while powering up, and that will reset it...

You don't happen to have anything plugged into the MIDI in and/or out jacks, do you?

I hadn't tried that before, but I have now... still no result...
Also tried the offline update, even previous fw versions, both online and offline.

I just bought my HXFX yesterday and tried to update the firmware last night. Followed the video (power & usb, power on HXFX, open Updater, install update) and it keeps erroring out: "HX Effects did not reset after loading update app (via DFU)." Tried this multiple times and still won't work. What the heck?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, comeandlive said:

I just bought my HXFX yesterday and tried to update the firmware last night. Followed the video (power & usb, power on HXFX, open Updater, install update) and it keeps erroring out: "HX Effects did not reset after loading update app (via DFU)." Tried this multiple times and still won't work. What the heck?

Exactly my experience. Mine is on its way back to the store distributor.
After opening a support ticket with L6, I was told to contact the dealer because my unit was faulty, so, that's what I did.
I'll tell you all when I get it (or hopefully another unit) back

• 3 weeks later...

A new unit came in this morning.
Tried updating it and failed,
2nd try: Switched cable and port > failed
3rd try: Kept second cable and went back to original port > failed
4th try: Went back to original cable and original port... and then I (it) succeeded!
Just to let you all know, just in case any of you run into the same problem ;-)