Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab with pedals?

mattko16

You certainly could use Powercab with just pedals, meaning without a full-blown modeler, but you wan't something like a Tech 21 SansAmp or a Radial JDX Direct-Drive to get an amp tone in the signal chain.

Powercab is essentially a combo amp, but it lacks the tone shaping of a traditional guitar amp head. It needs an amp modeler or an amp emulator to complete the picture.

I use mine sometimes with a Tech 21 liverpool and a tech 21 british and it sounds great! But like Revans says, without some sort of preamp style EQ, the sound might be a bit fizzy and harsh just with regular  pedals straight in. But then again, maybe you discover just the sound you were looking for. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I share the same doubt. I recently bought a Powercab 112 together witha an helix LT and was wondering if and how properly I could have used my old beloved pedals together with powercab. I own an Ibanex Head TSA15H (with its cab)....do you think I can sell my cab and use ibanex head with pedals in the powercab? can I damage it doing so?

5 hours ago, ultimo73 said:

Hey guys, I share the same doubt. I recently bought a Powercab 112 together witha an helix LT and was wondering if and how properly I could have used my old beloved pedals together with powercab. I own an Ibanex Head TSA15H (with its cab)....do you think I can sell my cab and use ibanex head with pedals in the powercab? can I damage it doing so?

In order to use the head with the cab you would need some kind of load box with a line out. For instance, I have a Mesa Cab Clone that I can use with my amp head so that I can safely use it with my Powercab. 

• 1 month later...

HX Stomp would be a great way to get amp tone to send to a Powercab.

If you add a MIDI cable from an HX Stomp to a Powercab Plus, changing presets on the HX Stomp will automatically change to matching preset on the Powercab Plus.