Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Resurgence of "Scene mode" on HX Effects?

akirabass

I used to be a happy user of M9 and used its "Scene" mode almost exclusively.  I could switch between six Scenes in one action.  One Scene was programmed as bypass (all effects off), which was very handy.

I'm very much satisfied with the sound quality and the easy operation of HX Effects, but my small complaint is that I can recall only four Presets or Snapshots to the footswitches at a time, because two footswitches are fixed to Bank Up and Down functions.  I program one Preset to bypass and so I can only use three combinations of effects at a time.  Pushing two switches simultaneously to bypass or activate effets during a song is an erratic and unstable operation (at least to me).  Six Scenes including the bypass was plenty enough for me, but four is not enough.

Would it be possible to implement the "Scene mode" into HX Effects?  Maybe you can switch between Edit, Preset and Scene modes with the MODE switch...

It would be nice to be able to 1) invoke a preset, and then 2) have 6 footswitches available to select one of 6 snapshots within the preset. Put something on IdeaScale (if not there already) and I'll vote for it. 

Additionally, you can invoke 1-6 of the stomp mode footswitches via MIDI, but only 1-4 snapshots. I'd love to be able to invoke 1-6 snapshots.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I'll create the account for the IdeaScale and post the idea.

Whatever the term is (Scene mode, Prest or Snapshot), it would be nice to be able to select six combinations of the effects at at time instead of four.

14 hours ago, akirabass said:

Thanks for your suggestion.  I'll create the account for the IdeaScale and post the idea.

Whatever the term is (Scene mode, Prest or Snapshot), it would be nice to be able to select six combinations of the effects at at time instead of four.

There are already a few requests for this on ideascale. You may want to up-vote those requests, instead of reposting the idea.

• Upvote 1