Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will the Tone Cloud feature ever be added to the PC app?

vicious007

Hi, I just bought a Spider V 60, and really like it.  I was disappointed to find the PC Remote app doesn't have any of the tone sharing features the iPad app has though.

Is this something that's in development, or does Line 6 perhaps have some kind of exclusivity deal with Apple?  I'm perplexed as to why it's available in one, but not the other.  I'd much rather use my desktop mouse with one hand over picking up an iPad and swiping around with both hands.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You aren't the only user who would like to see this feature added. You can upvote this feature request on ideascale, a place where end users can post and vote on product feature requests and Line 6 product managers do check out ideascale. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search?templateId=0&query=spider+v+editor

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I guess I found the answer to my quest, trying to find the SpiderV-tonecloud, it doesn't exsist for the PC.

One of the selling points was to be able to download "thousands" of profiles from the cloud.

Not for PC users it seems, odd since there are 2 to 3 times more PC users than MAC users.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, jaydeeboxster said:

It should not require votes, it was part of the features described on the Line 6 page for the product until around Feb 2018.

Is there any update on delivery for this ?

Very disappointed at lack of response from Line 6 on this. It was part of the advertised features for the product (but then removed when I pointed it out as part of a when I raised it as a bug).  Seems they have moved on to focus on newer products rather than address valid issues from customer whose money they already have received. 

Originally there were no computer editors. When many asked for that, the idea was to give them an editor so they can work within their daw host and run the editor at the same time. It made sense given the usb recording option. Custom presets were always available via mobile app. Still are. Customtone was never part of any of these mobile based products. If they added to Spider V, they have to accommodate Firehawk, and Amplifi as well.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, jaydeeboxster said:

It should not require votes, it was part of the features ...

On 12/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, jaydeeboxster said:

Very disappointed at lack of response from Line 6 on this...

I fully agree, it's a real pitty that the sw is not supporting this.

I'm dissapointed as many other users ...

11 hours ago, a017838 said:

I fully agree, it's a real pitty that the sw is not supporting this.

I'm dissapointed as many other users ...

Be sure to up vote,   https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Access-to-ToneCloud-and-My-Tones-from-PC-Mac-editor/914602-23508

I've looked at the number periodically and don't see this increasing at the rate of the posts lamenting it's missing.

Full windows support would be great. 

I just bought a used V60 for over $100 less than the price of a new one at my local music store.  I wondered why the store had two new looking  but used V60s on the floor?  Had the previous owners traded in these amps for some reason?    Now that I own one, I can see that the capability of the Spider V is just amazing, but there is a learning curve that goes with all this tech.  I'm an old guy.  I have a one year old Android smart phone, but I never do anything smart with it--it is just a phone.  According to the Google Play store, my phone is not compatible with the Spider Remote App.  No worries--I'll buy a cheap used phone that is compatible and duck tape it to the amp with no SIM card in it.   

Even without using downloadable presets, the capabilities of this device are wonderful.  Perhaps this is a good thing?  I can play with various combinations of compression, noise gate, chorus, and reverb to create my own sound.  For those who just want to play instead of tinker, the Spider V may not be the best choice right now. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's 100% inexcusable that Line 6 still has not enabled this feature for PC users. My phone is a phone, I don't want to connect it to my amp. Also that totally defeats the purpose of using the USB output to record.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, jaydeeboxster said:

Waited long enough, selling all my line 6 gear. Gone back to traditional amp and pedals - no regrets.

You can access the Tone Cloud through Custom Tone now.... You have been able to for about two months. You can download and upload tones for Spider V, and import them easily into the windows app.

https://line6.com/customtone/browse/spiderv/