Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix edit "backup failed"

shredzilla1964

12 hours ago, shredzilla1964 said:

Trying to update to the newest firmware basically when I go to do my usual backup, it gets hung up on preset at about 50% and gives the error message that the "backup  has failed".... help!!

Hi shredzilla,

That’s not much fun, but you haven’t given us anything to work with.

You say you are “trying to update to the newest firmware”, but what hardware are you connecting to, Floor, Rack, LT or FX.

Also, which version are you trying to upgrade from, what computer and operating system are you using.

This info would help us to help you!

Regards

3 hours ago, shredzilla1964 said:

Hey thanks for replying!

I'm running the Helix floor unit currently on 2.50, connected via USB to a Windows 7 laptop.

Up until now I've had zero problems updating and from what I've been able to research here and internet it appears to be a corrupt preset possibly?

First I would try the usual remedies of switching USB connections, trying a different USB cable, and of course disconnecting anything from the other USB ports possible as well as rebooting the laptop. Also make sure you have enough free space on your laptop. If it is a corrupted preset you can often find it by backing up the setlists one by one until one of them fails. Then export the presets individually in the bad setlist by highlighting half of them and exporting. If that half of the list fails pick half of the failed list and rinse and repeat. By halving each time you will quickly find the offending preset(s). Also if you have loaded new presets to the Helix since you last restarted it try restarting it. It may rebuild the offending preset. Once and if you get a decent backup I would recommend upgrading to the 2.60 firmware and editor, and of course make sure you have a matched pair of firmware and HX Edit.

Note: I have also seen defective IRs cause this behavior. Export your IRs, sort by filesize and look for one that is showing only zero or 1byte in length.