Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk As a Whammy?

Kilrahi

I recently bought the Firehawk FX as a way to get around buying a bazillion pedals (which starts to get expensive). 

For the last month and a half since I bought it, any sound I might need a pedal for seems to be creatable within the Firehawk and so I've been able to avoid it buying any more pedals. It's been great!

However, none of my guitars have a whammy bar, and there are a lot of pedals out there that simulate this very well. For example, the Digitech Whammy Pedal, but that sucker is expensive.

I got really excited when I noticed that the bender pedal in the Firehawk FX clearly looks like it was a riff on the Digitech pedal, BUT when I tried to use it it sounds really synthetic and fake. Basically like a synthesizer which is what most of the pedals in that section sound like.

Does anyone know if there is a way to imitate a whammy pedal in the firehawk? I tried researching myself but couldn't find much that helped. Am I doing something wrong?

At the end of the day the Firehawk allows you to connect external pedals so I suppose it's not the end of the world, but a way to do it would be preferable.

Thanks for any input!