Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Output Control?

napynap

Can the HX Effects control which output the final MONO signal goes to? For example, Output Left or Output Right?

I checked the manual, and this forum, but didn't see anything clearly addressing this. Maybe there is a better way?

I'm thinking of getting an HX Effects for use with a single guitar and amplifier in MONO and wondered if it can be used to eliminate an A/B/A+B output box.

I have a VOX AC15-c1x guitar amplifier that has 2 inputs. One is generally for clean tones, and the other for overdrive/boost tones. Unfortunately, the amp itself has no way to switch between the two channels, other than pulling out the 1/4" cable and plugging it into the other channel, which means I need an A/B/A+B box to switch between both channels (or have both channels on at the same time A+B). If I could eliminate the extra switcher box, that would make for a cleaner/easier setup/teardown.

6 hours ago, napynap said:

Can the HX Effects control which output the final MONO signal goes to? For example, Output Left or Output Right?

I checked the manual, and this forum, but didn't see anything clearly addressing this. Maybe there is a better way?

Hi napynap,

When using a single amp or mixer channel, connect only LEFT/MONO 1/4” jack.

Page 39 - HX Effects User Manual:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3d3f4a5a6a1897ecdf6/application/pdf/HX Effects 2.50 Owners Manual - English .pdf#page39

You can create a 2nd path and that will automatically create two Y junctions.... one at the front and one at the end. That is where you can set the pan and level of each paths output. 

However, in your case, I think there is a better route... 

7 hours ago, napynap said:

I have a VOX AC15-c1x guitar amplifier that has 2 inputs. One is generally for clean tones, and the other for overdrive/boost tones. Unfortunately, the amp itself has no way to switch between the two channels, other than pulling out the 1/4" cable and plugging it into the other channel, which means I need an A/B/A+B box to switch between both channels (or have both channels on at the same time A+B). If I could eliminate the extra switcher box, that would make for a cleaner/easier setup/teardown.

Setup a "SEND" as the last effect block in your chain and assign it to a button. Set the blend/balance of the send so it does not pass any dry signal through and connect a cable from "send 1 or send 2" (whichever one you set up) to the other input on the Vox. When you engage the send it goes to the alternate channel, when it isn't engaged the output goes to the primary channel. 

8 hours ago, napynap said:

I'm thinking of getting an HX Effects for use with a single guitar and amplifier in MONO and wondered if it can be used to eliminate an A/B/A+B output box.

I have a VOX AC15-c1x guitar amplifier that has 2 inputs. One is generally for clean tones, and the other for overdrive/boost tones. Unfortunately, the amp itself has no way to switch between the two channels, other than pulling out the 1/4" cable and plugging it into the other channel, which means I need an A/B/A+B box to switch between both channels (or have both channels on at the same time A+B). If I could eliminate the extra switcher box, that would make for a cleaner/easier setup/teardown

Oops!

It seems that I had misread you post the first time I commented - apologies!

What “codamedia” suggests in the post above would work. Use a send block to switch to the other channel. The only drawback to doing that is you lose a footswitch that could be used for another effect. 

As @codamedia sez, it can be done. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple...

You could put a Split the path and put a Merge Mixer at the end so you could hard pan your effects path to the Right or Left output. (You could tweak each output with EQ or Vol if needed).

Simpler, you could use a single path, and insert a Stereo Pan block at the end, then hard pan to Left or Right output. Then you could set up Snapshots or a Footswitch to select the output.