Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tuning the strings down changes the alt tunings?

Sigher

I tuned my Shuriken D Standard because I wanted to have the strings a little more loose to be easier on my fingers, however, all of my Alternate Tunings were then tuned down. I've set my Alternate Tuning Knob from E Standard, to Eb Standard, D Standard, etc just going down. But setting it to "Standard" doesn't give me E Standard, but rather D Standard and the tuning knob would just go down from there. So for me to have E Standard tuning I'd basically have to program an F standard tuning to pitch the guitar up.

Are the alternate tunings supposed give me the exact tunings I programmed, or are they just changing my pitch in semitones relative to where my actual strings are pitched? Or is what I'm experiencing a fluke?

That's really counter intuitive especially since you're setting one tuning in Workbench HD but you're getting a different pitch output on the guitar. Maybe if there was a way to tell Workshop HD what you're guitar is physically tuned to so your pitch offsets in the tuning tabs would show the correct pitches you'll output.

The other thing is that physically tuning down loosens the string, it also lessens

the contact string tension on the piezo. That can (but not always) have adverse affects

on a solid signal (amplitude and pitch stability wise).

All pitch shifting starts with where you are physically tuned at. Almost nobody in the

signal processing world does it differently. If there's someone out there who does, I don't know them.

Right, but Workshop HD just assumes that you're in E Standard so the notes you choose in the software aren't correct while the semitone values are.

How low can you tune the strings on the guitar before the piezos start to have issues?

Awesome thanks! I'll never go that low so I should be good!

Is there anyway to change the color of the LED on the Tuning Knob for user created tunings? That deep blue is almost impossible to see.