Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it possible to use the "Guitar Thru (Buffered)" connexion as a DI connexion ?

vinny_x3

Hi all,

Is it possible to use the "Guitar Thru (Buffered)" connexion as a DI connexion ? I don't really sure, because of the lack of symmetrization, but maybe I say a stupidity...

I ask this because I don't wish to use the Helix as a sound card (despite the possibilities with the USB connexion).

Thanks in advance.

I know of no Guitar Thru connection. I notice there is a Dry Thru parameter on the FX sends. The manual seems a bit vague on what it does but it sounds like normally the Send would output whatever preceded the Send block in the path it was in but as you turn it up it starts to add the "dry" guitar directly from the input with it being fully dry when it's turned all the way up. You'll just have to try it to confirm it.

I can't speak to the buffered part. There is nothing about that or  the Guitar Thru connection you mentioned.

I'm sorry I have the floor unit. Yours is the Rackmount unit. The floor unit doesn't have that.

I just looked in the manual and it is essentially a direct output from your guitar with no A/D/A conversion. It does not enter into the Helix world. It essentially completely bypasses the Helix. It's like having a guitar with two outputs. A buffer is supposed to help make the signal exactly the same going out as coming in. That was the long answer. The short answere is, yes.

Thanks a lot for your answer (the long and the short... :-)  ).

I think this possibility is very interesting, mainly with a bass guitar, because a lot of studios want two tracks, with ampli and DI.
Of course, with guitars too, but I prefer to work the sound before recording.

Thanks again Brue58ski