Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix intermittently freezes on preset change, since 2.60 update

johnplanetz

I've had my Helix for the last year and a half, and have never had any significant issue with all the system updates.  However, since I installed the 2.60 update, I'm seeing the helix intermittently freeze when changing presets.  When it freezes, everything becomes unresponsive. The tap light is still flashing, but nothing else works, and there's no sound. I have to power-cycle to get going again.

However, I can reproduce this just by powering on, and randomly turning the preset knob in my user bank for a minute or so. Here's a video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NSuj-RvoGJ_jwUuF9i9gHn7EA3L4L9wX.

It's inconsistent and isn't specifically associated with any particular presets that I can tell.  None of my presets use any of the new amps or reverb models, and none of them are really "pushed to the limit".  USB is not connected- just a regular non-variax guitar and 1/4" audio.

Is anyone else seeing this? I entered a support ticket last week, but no progress on that front.

I have an upcoming gig and am considering downgrading to the previous version. I've never had to do that before so I'm a little uncertain about the process.

Thanks,

John 

If you have not already done so, consider re-downloading and reinstalling fw 2.60. After confirming that it has been properly installed, do a Factory Reset. Then reinstall your custom presets and do the PowerOn + FS10 + FS11 to assure that all the Presets are upgraded to the current fw.