Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX EDIT issue with Saving Bypass states (HXFX)

danielbyrne12

Disclaimer: I have a fully up to date HXFX and HX EDIT software. Have rebooted and restarted software many times. Brand new MacBook Pro. No dongles or usb hubs are being used. Usb c to usb b cable. Also I don't own any other HELIX family pedals. 

The issue I'm having is when connecting my HXFX to the edit software.

It will not save the Bypass state of a pedal when SAVING via EDIT software. (command s)

It will also not save different parameter values between Snapshots when saving via sofware.

Now If I change the Bypass state or Snapshot parameter values of a pedal via the software or hardware, and hit save on the hardware it self, it will save that.

The only thing (that I notice) the HX edit will actually save is what pedals I put in the chain, and preset parameter values. When using (command S).

My workaround is to just use the SAVE buttons on the pedal itself. 

Is anyone else experience this. 

Yes, having the same problem with states occasionally not saving, especially footswitches designated as Controllers. Haven't tried Snapshots. Did you fill out a support ticket to report the problem.... that's the best way to get software bugs reported into the system.

I thought that was normal behavior? Isn't it? 

I always save on the machine itself when using edit... I've never thought that "save" in the software is suppose to save on the machine at the same time so I have never tried. I thought the save functions on the software was just to save a copy of the patch to a file.

Yes, when I updated my LT to 2.6. I use HX Edit exclusively. Snapshot parameter values inside my amp models will change values after I save them, leave the block and return. I have to correct the value and save again, seems to hold the correct value after the 2nd save? Pretty annoying when you have several parameters assigned.