tonedog53

HD500X into GarageBand - Use POD amp sims not GB

My intention is to use an HD500X as an interface into GarageBand on a MacBook Pro. 

My dilemma is how to record guitar using the POD amp simulations but bypass the GarageBand simulations.

I have yet to discover how to record a guitar track without it being colored by the GB amp models. There doesn't seem to be an option for injecting a guitar signal straight in while bypassing GarageBand's amps.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:45 AM, tonedog53 said:

My intention is to use an HD500X as an interface into GarageBand on a MacBook Pro. 

My dilemma is how to record guitar using the POD amp simulations but bypass the GarageBand simulations.

I have yet to discover how to record a guitar track without it being colored by the GB amp models. There doesn't seem to be an option for injecting a guitar signal straight in while bypassing GarageBand's amps.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

When setting up a new project in GB, it always asks you what input you want to use for each track...software instrument, mic/line in, GB's onboard drum sims, etc. etc...You're probably selecting "software instrument"... if so, it thinks you want to use the GB amp sims. Choose "mic/line in".