Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix native in studio one

FukinA15

I recently purchased native and found a bug in Helix native in Studio one 4 with the low latency z monitoring. When enabled and your editing Helix parameters nothing works till you turn off and back on the record track arm in Studio one 4. you have to set your parameters on the Helix and then enable the low latency Z monitoring in Studio One 4 to record but that isn't gonna work if you want to implement midi automation. If you have it off the latency is not workable.

Edited by FukinA15

I use S1-4 and Native (and Studio 192).  Back when I had S1-3 and first got Native, there was a bug like you described.  I talked to both L6 and Presonus and one of them (sorry I don't remember which) understood the cause and they fixed it in an update.  When I upgraded to S1-4, I still did not have the problem.  There are a lot of factors in all this and we probably aren't doing things exactly the same way, but I record all the time and use low latency Z, of course,  and I have zero issues with recording and latency. 

But the issue I do have, along with many others, is that Native is hugely resource intensive with S1 and it doesn't take me long before I need to render tracks or run out of processing power.

I got the latency issue worked out on native some what it's better than it was but still have to turn off the green Z to switch or tweak the presets in native. I didn't have this problem when I loaded the native trial in S1-3 back when line 6 launched native. I'm pretty sure it's got somthing to do with a update in Windows 10 that corrupted the files from line 6 website that I had to deal with when I bought native,I had to turn off some search filters in Windows to allow native to load right, might have to uninstall and reinstall native, if PreSonus has fixed the issues in S1-3 already. When I had the native trial PreSonus didn't have the low latency Z monitoring yet, I'll have to open a ticket with PreSonus support too I suppose. I have the helix rack too and found it best to record guitar with the rack as interface through the multi outs, records dry track while your monitoring full fx from a stereo track then I switch back to using Studiolive AI as interface then use native as a plugin to tweak settings as I monitor dry track, no need for the green Z for monitoring recorded dry tracks. Thanks for the info Doug6string!

That sucks that you still don't have this working 100%.  I also use Win 10 and I also have the rack.  We have something the floor users don't have - Guitar through.  I have that setup such that everything I record is dry while I hear whatever preset I'm using, like you.  I do this with the studio 192 as my interface, but the result's the same.  It's great to never think about this when recording and to always have the the raw track for future manipulation.  Good luck getting this all sorted out!