Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lost Setlist

ddufour

4 hours ago, ddufour said:

So yesterday I discovered the FACTORY SETLIST 2 was the same setlist as my 4th setlist.

Don't know how I did that but I would like to get the Factory Setlist 2 back. Any way to do

only that without affecting all the setlists?

Thanks

Hi ddufour,

Here ya go - FACTORY SETLIST 2 from the last firmware update v2.60

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ibpcgblkcud6u6/FACTORY 2.hls.zip?dl=0

Just open up Helix Edit, select FACTORY 2 from the Setlist menu and import this unzipped replacement .hls file.

I had to zip this file and put this on DropBox because of the crazy limit on the size of attached files that can be uploaded here.

Hope this helps

17 minutes ago, ddufour said:

Now I have setlist 2 back, but my next 2 setlist have changed drastically.

While the names are correct, none of the patches are the same. Everyone

is different. what happened??

Damn, that’s really weird.

I don’t recall ever seeing that, so I don’t know what exactly happened!

I hope you went for the “fail safe” routine of backing up everything first?

The first rule is - always work on a copy!

I would guess that something has screwed up and would suggest that you do a Factory reset which will revert you back to a box fresh version of your Helix.

Find all the reset options here:

https://helixhelp.com/reset-options/

The reason that I didn’t advise you to reset your Helix before is because performing a reset means you will lose all your patches in the hardware. 

You do have backups don’t you?

Oh, yeah, I got the Factory 2 setlist from my backup!

Never did a backup. I had this unit about a month. I had a setlist for my band songs.

I think I tweak them every time I play them. What ever went wrong, if I tried to download

sets from wherever I saved them, would I get this result again? By the way, I have had

strange things happen before, come back later and they are gone. Hoping thats what I

find when I get back home tonight.

4 hours ago, ddufour said:

Never did a backup. I had this unit about a month. I had a setlist for my band songs.

I think I tweak them every time I play them. What ever went wrong, if I tried to download

sets from wherever I saved them, would I get this result again? By the way, I have had

strange things happen before, come back later and they are gone. Hoping thats what I

find when I get back home tonight.

“Never did a backup”

Well that’s a big problem. 

When you’re working with your Helix it’s very easy to become distracted when creating a tone and forget to save it. Not only have you lost that patch, but also the time you put in building it. The same applies to set lists. Essentially your Helix is a very special computer that is really good at doing what it does, but as I mentioned before the rules are - save, save and save then backup once, twice and just for the hell of it a make safety copy somewhere else. Because this big black box of tricks works on a series of zeros and ones, it's quite easy for them to get scrambled up on odd occasions - usually just when you need them most. 

For about the past 35 years I’ve been tell users of this sort of tech - it’s not a question of if it goes wrong, but more like when it goes wrong, because believe me it will.

When you have done the Factory reset, double check that both the Helix and HX Edit are both version 2.60, then you should be able to get on and recreate your missing tones.

Good luck

2 minutes ago, datacommando said:

For about the past 35 years I’ve been tell users of this sort of tech - it’s not a question of if it goes wrong, but more like when it goes wrong, because believe me it will.

Amen to that...a fresh backup is the last thing I do before I turn it off. Every time. Takes less than a minute, and prevents these sorts of headaches. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ddufour said:

Are you backing up patches for setlists and where are you saving them to?

I use a Macbook Pro,  but any computer will suffice. Install the HX Edit software,  then select "create backup" from the drop-down file menu. Everything on the device will be backed up, patches, set lists, IR's, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddufour said:

Are you backing up patches for setlists and where are you saving them to?

Hi,

The HX Edit software is not just a way to remotely edit patches on the hardware, it's also a Librarian application to allow you to keep all your backup presets/setlists/bundles organised.

Simply create folder on your Mac/Win PC and name it whatever you like (eg: Helix Preset Backups) and store your stuff in there. It's easy, you just have to keep it well managed.

Have fun!