Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar input not working

birobercy

Hi guys! My pod hd500x is not getting any signal from my guitar. The screen and buttons all fine, I can navigate on the screen and I'm able to connect it to the computer. If I connect an MP3 player it works fine but if I connect it to the guitar most of the time no sound coming out at all. Sometimes it works for a few seconds then it starts to crackle then it stops. Tried different lead and guitar, it didn't help.The input, output setup is also fine, I used it for a year with no problem. The most annoying thing is that it stopped working right before a gig and 4 days after it went out of warranty. :(   I'm afraid I have to send it to a service which is 300 miles away from me in London and with 80£/hour labor plus postage fees not sure if it's worth it. What do you think? would be grateful for any advice. Thanks

We're sorry to see this happen. You should contact Yamaha Europe to see if they'll give you a grace period on the warranty.

United Kingdom

YAMAHA Music Europe GmbH 
Siemensstrasse 22-34 
25462 Rellingen
Germany

Tel: +49 (0) 4101 303 0
Fax: +49 (0) 4101 303 333