Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hx amp switching..buzzing amp

paulemerson

hey guys...ive got a fender twin and i have been trying to use the amp switching on ths hx effects ..everytime i plug a lead (trs or jack lead) into the footswitch plug on my amp, my amp starts to buzz ..is there a setting im missing..the amp channel changes when i tell it to but the noise is a bit annoying..changing the polarity does nothing..

11 hours ago, paulemerson said:

hey guys...ive got a fender twin and i have been trying to use the amp switching on ths hx effects ..everytime i plug a lead (trs or jack lead) into the footswitch plug on my amp, my amp starts to buzz ..is there a setting im missing..the amp channel changes when i tell it to but the noise is a bit annoying..changing the polarity does nothing..

Hi Paul,

I don’t own a HX Effects unit, but I have seen some people on here state that there can be noise issues.

I’m not sure if this is relevant, but maybe you are one of the very few people who has one of the rogue units mentioned here:

Also.

One guy in particular got very irate about the fact he had voltage present in the jack connections from the Pedal/EXT Amp socket.

I’m not sure if those 3volts are part of the “short to sleeve” switching system, but this guy was very annoyed about it. Although, he also seemed to think that polarity switching on the pedal was “strange” even when it is clearly explained in the manual. -  see his rant here:

Hope this maybe some help to you.

Edit:

I have just found this comment in another forum regarding Fender Twin switching:

As for nearly all newer Fender amps, the footswitch is a TS connected, switching voltage-levels on the same wire, which is interpreted by a logic circuit. Channel select and reverb transmit four different voltages.”

Maybe relevant, maybe not.

Edited by datacommando
Additional info