Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Importing IR bundle into Helix native?

jesuscares

Hi guys,

I just imported my Helix hardware bundle into Helix native, but I found that none of the IRs got imported.I thought when transferring from Helix to helix (hardware) ,the complete IR list could be imported along with the bundle. Why is this not possible while transferring from hardware to native? Anything I'm doing wrong?

4 minutes ago, VirtualGuitars said:

You will have to add/import the IRs just like you did on your Helix.  They will also need to be in same order as they are on your Helix for your patches to work exactly the same.  Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the quick reply.Yes I did add/import the IRs on Helix when I started ,but it always remained (as far as I remember) each time I did a backup.It's a bit cumbersome to match the tones with the original Its used on Helix hardware to the Native.Wish they can come up with an easy work around.

Appreciate your quick reply.

4 hours ago, jesuscares said:

Thanks for the quick reply.Yes I did add/import the IRs on Helix when I started ,but it always remained (as far as I remember) each time I did a backup.It's a bit cumbersome to match the tones with the original Its used on Helix hardware to the Native.Wish they can come up with an easy work around.

Appreciate your quick reply.

Here's a quick little utility you can run that will help you determine what IRs are being used in what slots.

http://dave-merrill.com/helix/hirb/

A Helix Bundle doesn't include IRs. The new backup and restore method introduced last fall does, though.

Here's an IdeaScale entry to implement compatibility of those backup files to be loaded into Helix Native. Not sure if it will get implemented, but for me it would be very handy.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ability-to-Restore-Native-from-HX-Edit-Backup

10 hours ago, jesuscares said:

Thanks for the quick reply.Yes I did add/import the IRs on Helix when I started ,but it always remained (as far as I remember) each time I did a backup.........

I was similarly confused recently about the same thing. Helix and HX Edit have had, from the beginning, the Save Bundle feature which never did and still does not include IRs. It only saves the setlist and preset info. Helix Native also has this capability.

in a fairly recent firmware update Helix and HX Edit added the full Backup and Restore feature which includes IRs and Global Settings in addition to setlists and presets. This more comprehensive capability has not (yet?) been implemented in Helix Native. 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:09 AM, silverhead said:

I was similarly confused recently about the same thing. Helix and HX Edit have had, from the beginning, the Save Bundle feature which never did and still does not include IRs. It only saves the setlist and preset info. Helix Native also has this capability.

in a fairly recent firmware update Helix and HX Edit added the full Backup and Restore feature which includes IRs and Global Settings in addition to setlists and presets. This more comprehensive capability has not (yet?) been implemented in Helix Native. 

The ability to either include IRs in a bundle or a "Restore Backup" feature on Native is actually pretty high up on my feature wishlist. Until then if you make fairly frequent use of IRs and add presets on a regular basis, then syching the IRs on your Helix to Native remains a chore. Back to the bad old days of having to prepend sequential numbers in a rename of your IRs.

8 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

The ability to either include IRs in a bundle or a "Restore Backup" feature on Native is actually pretty high up on my feature wishlist. Until then if you make fairly frequent use of IRs and add presets on a regular basis, then syching the IRs on your Helix to Native remains a chore. Back to the bad old days of having to prepend sequential numbers in a rename of your IRs.

I could not agree more.  I would love to see some sort AutoSync feature that keeps your patches and IRs in sync between Helix and Helix Native.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Brand new Helix Rack and Native.

This has been driving me crazy I was about to box up the Rack and ship it back since I started with Native two weeks ago and just got the Rack two days ago.

I been importing bundle from Rack into Native but half my presets have the incorrect IR's even though the IR lists are in the same order.

I just tried what VirtualGuitars said and it seems to have worked.

This makes no sense since my IR list for Native is in a different order than the Rack. What kind of ridiculous programming is this?