Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Squealing in Effects Loop

dacop13

I just purchased the HX Effects. I am using the 4 cable method so I can but delays and reverbs in the amp's effects loop. Playing out of a Mesa mk5 35w head. While on the Crunch channel with moderate gain and low volume, no problems. When at moderate gain and stage volume, there is a small squeal coming out of the amp with, even with the guitar volume at 0. When I switch over to the higher gain channels, MK4 at high gain and stage volume, the squeal is out of control, and this is with the guitar volume on 0. Unfortunately I dont have a effects loop level on the amp. I tried messing with the Inst and Line settings on the HX but all that does is drop the volume down, I could do that on the amp. When I turn it back up while in line mode, the squeal returns.

Any suggestions or does anyone else have this problem with any other amps in high gain/stage volume?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/4/2024 at 11:33 AM, lperry65 said:

I'm having the same Squealing using the HXFX in 4CM into a Roland Blues Cube artist, it's fine until I use an overdrive pedal on the 4CM patch at rehearsal volume.

Hi,

Since this was first raised, way back in 2018, and neither the OP or the follow on poster have returned to provide any more insight into this issue, I would suggest your best bet is to raise a ticket Customer Support.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

The Marshal Vintage Modern amps are notoriously noisy in two areas; 1) the effect loop and 2) the DI direct out.

The DI-out is the worst offender of the two and the fix is easy.  Don't use it.  Mic the cab instead.  A Sennheiser 609 is a good choice.  If you are recording without a cab you should get a cab sim load box like a Radial JDX Direct Drive or something similar.

To the best of my knowledge there is no known fix for the loop noise.  My friend has taken his JVM to two different amp techs and has been in contact with Marshall several times.  He has given up and he has his amp up for sale.

I have no knowledge on the Cube amps.