Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 1/2 speed

jstaniszewski

Amplifi 75, using iPhone (iOS 11.3.1) on remote app. The half speed function will not work while a song is playing. You can pause the song, engage 1/2 speed, but when you resume, it is at full speed. You cannot go to 1/2 speed if the song is playing. This has been an issue since May. I was told this would be fixed in the next app update. Any timeframe for this?

The Amplifi series appears to be another in a long line of products introduced, hyped, halfheartedly supported, mostly-neglected and finally abandoned by Line 6 when the next new shiny object comes along.

It's not possible to say where that timeline is with Amplifi, but my guess is that it's near the end of the cycle. Line 6 appears to still be selling them, you can get 'em fixed, but releases for long-standing usability issues and feature updates are few and far-between. I'd suggest that you explore other options for playing back your tracks, and guess that you can find one that features far more flexibility in varying the speed, setting loop points, etc.

I see that you're using an iPhone, so I can't make any specific suggestions. I use an Amplifi 30 for practice, and often play backing tracks or songs on my PC with Andy Robinson's Transcribe!, a wonderful program that offers many speed and pitch options, including fixed and infinitely-variable playback speeds, along with loop points and other options.

There are other free options that would also work for simple speed changes -- Audacity, Videolan (VLC) Media Player, etc.

Or you can continue to wait for Line 6 to squash the bug...

Yep, Line 6 is having issues.  I tried calling them today, and they have a recording saying the call volume is too heavy to take anymore calls.  No timeframe given to resume answering calls.  I have ordered a part from Full Compass 10 days ago who was told by Line 6 it was in stock.  Still not shipped to Full Compass, and no word on when it will come in. This is the second time with delivery delays.

• 2 weeks later...