Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Presets are not working

burton4snow

4 hours ago, burton4snow said:

All I get is a clean signal on all the presets. Is this a lemon?

Not much info to go on here but I would double check my outputs. If you are running in mono make sure you are coming out of the left XLR or left 1/4 output so that the stereo signal is automatically summed. Also I would double check and make sure your guitar is going into the "Guitar" input and not the "Aux". Swap out all of your cables and guitar if necessary. Last but not least I would check my large volume knob and rock the expression pedal to make sure I am providing enough signal to whatever amp/cab you are using to monitor the LT with.

11 hours ago, burton4snow said:

All I get is a clean signal on all the presets. Is this a lemon?

Hi,

As noted by “HonestOpinion” in the post above, apart from the fact you are using a Helix LT, we have nothing to go on. Go through the things he has suggested that you should check first and see if there is any obvious user error. If not, then read on...

It would be a lot easier to figure out if it is a “lemon” (doubtful) if you tell us what you are connecting to the LT on both the input and output stage.

I’m asking this because it’s not unknown to have someone hook up a Helix to their “home cinema” system and complain that the result is not what they expected. Strange, but true!

So, full rig breakdown please.

Help us to help you!

Thanks

I am running a guitar into the Guitar Input and the output is headphones. I just brought it home and have not hooked it up to the computer yet. Just ran through the presets and they all came out as a Clean signal that sounded the same. changed cords and guitar and still just a clean sound 

Have you tried a factory reset?

Helix Floorboard/LT

1. Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters
2. Holding footswitch 7+8 on boot restores presets and setlists—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
3. Holding footswitch 8+9 on boot restores presets, setlists, and IRs—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
4. Holding footswitch 9+10 on boot restores presets, setlists, globals and IRs (restores factory bundle)—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
5. Holding footswitch 10+11 on boot will rebuild your presets in the latest loaded firmware
6. Helix can now restore by clearing only the current preset instead of wiping out all presets. While holding footswitches 11 + 12
7. Helix can now, after firmware 1.06.5, enter update mode manually by holding footswitches 6 + 12

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, burton4snow said:

Thanks I got them all back now

Hi,

I’m a little late back to this thread, but it looks like you are all fixed up now.

Thanks to “rd2rk” for the input in getting you up and running.

See, you didn’t buy a lemon after all - have fun with your new LT.