Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Preset Tones in my Amplfi 150

jmacofearth

I did a hard reset when the update failed. Now only the first bank of tones remains. All other banks are empty. I've updated the firmware to the latest version, still no presets.

Should I do another hard reset back to 1.0 and see if the tones show up. Maybe the failed update killed them. Or is there somewhere I can recapture them all?

Thanks,

J

There are some things to know about this series of amps.  They have a micro SD card in them to store software and presets. If that card gets corrupted, the amp will not work properly, or at all. You have to think in terms of a computer. If there are any interruptions during the update process, there will be problems. A hard reset will not fix as the operating files got corrupted during the failed update process.  Side note: Line 6 put the cheapest SD cards in the amps and the FX pedals,  and put silicone over them so you cannot remove and install better quality, longer lasting chips in there.   A very poor choice instead of simply putting in a  writeable RAM component. Cost cutting...

At this point, connect a USb from your computer to the amp and do the update again with the Line 6 PC or Mac update software. If you tried to update via Bluetooth, there is a high probablilty the update failed due to loss of packets during the transfer.  Once you try again via USB, you should be fine and have the default presets back. Now when you start the app and it connects to your amp, your other presets should be available.

Finally,  when you use Bluetooth, your portable device should be fully charged or plugged in so there is a strong transmission to the amp. And remember, Bluetooth is good for about 10 to 20 feet depending on GHZ interferrence around you.

Thanks RD. Do you think a factory reset will restore the presets? I have re-updated the software using the app, but no presets. I'd really like to have them populated. I guess I can return the amp, but I got a great deal on it. I guess a hard reset can't hurt. It's just time.

A factory reset should bring back the original factory presets. The original firmware and the 4 factory presets are stored on a IC chip in the unit to be recalled and copied to the SD card if needed. If this does not happen for  you,  your SD card is corrupted or damaged and data is not copying into it.  Easy to replace. It is a 4 Gig micro SD covered with silicone. It sits on the main pcb board located inside the back plate on the amp.